We have such respect for women that we want to help them realize the full potential of their bodies, to see how amazing it is that they can use that body to give life. We truly believe our approach is the most personal type of experience you have to choose from when it comes to birthing plans.
During your initial consultation, we’ll speak openly about how safe the home birth experience truly is. We invite you to come see us so we can get to know each other better. We sincerely look forward to helping you bring your baby into the world.
Holding your hand until you hold your baby
We’re always at your side during labor, ensuring you feel safe and secure. Monitoring the safety of your birth is our top priority, second only to making sure you are comfortable with the experience and that you feel at home in your own birth.
Debra Day and Monika Stone have a combined 53 years of midwifery experience. Heart of Texas Midwives has two skilled midwives dedicated to you and your baby at each birth. You will get to know both Debra and Monika very well during your prenatal care.
Some things we want you to know.
- The Health and safety of both mother and baby is our number one priority. We are your guardians.
- Heart of Texas cares for our clients by following the MIDWIFERY MODEL OF CARE.
- Heart of Texas Midwives practice in accordance with standards set by the Midwives alliance and other professional midwifery organizations.
- You have a sacred right and the freedom to make informed decisions and birth choices that are right for your family.
- Water Birth is our specialty! You can use your own tub, a rental, or new birth tub. We will help you prepare.
- Home is where your heart is. We have attended home births in apartments, suburban homes, cottages, and apartments.
- We clean up after the birth so that you can relax and enjoy your new baby.
- Our midwives provide 2 postpartum home visits in the first 7 days and 2 office visits in the first weeks after the birth.
- Our Mothers And Midwives Circle Of Care is a prenatal care option based on the Centering Pregnancy model.
- We host quarterly reunions with our clients to foster a continued home birth community connection beyond your baby’s birth.